Gain Weight Fast, In a Healthy Way Obesity seems to be an epidemic of grand proportions and the amount of people who enter the obese category seems to rise each year. There are so many people on different ends of the spectrum ranging from underweight to morbidly obese. This is all determined by your body fat measurements. There are many articles and how-to guides available concerning losing excess weight. But, did you know that there are some individuals who need to actually gain weight?
Concerns About Gain Weight
The information concerning weight gain pales in comparison to the availability of materials offered for weight loss. If you fall into this category, just as it is important to lose weight in a healthy way, it is equally as important when seeking ways to gain weight quickly. If you are very underweight, there are many factors that may be to blame.
- The first factor could be due to eating disorders. Anorexia and bulimia could be the main contributor to this issue.
- Secondly, the thyroid can be to blame. Sometimes people can have an overactive thyroid. When the thyroid is not functioning properly, the metabolism can be completely thrown off. Infections can be another cause for insufficient weight gain.
- Another cause can be infections, which can make a person so ill that they either have no appetite, or the body does not absorb the calories properly. Diabetes can also cause great weight loss.
- Mainly type 1 can lead to massive losses. Also, cancer can cause tumors and these tumors can cause a huge calorie burn.
- Celiac disease, which lurks in the shadows, can cause those affected to be unable to process calories and nutrients efficiently.
If you are faced with a situation in which you are underweight, the following information contains tips on how to gain weight fast, in a healthy way.
Tips of Weight Gain
- Increase your calorie intake. As long as you are taking in more calories than you are burning, you will always be moving on the positive side of weight gain. To gain weight at an even pace, you can increase your intake to about 500 calories per day. If you want more of a rapid weight gain, you can move toward 800 calories of surplus calories a day.
- Increase your carbohydrates and fat intake. While decreasing carbohydrates are great for weight loss, the opposite is true when you are trying to gain it. Eating healthy food that contains a higher number of carbs and fats is the best way to go. Try to eat at least three meals a day and also include snacks as well.
- Increase your protein intake. The best thing you can choose in your weight gain strategy is protein. Protein is what your muscles are made out of. This protein stops calories from quickly turning into fat around your midsection. Supplements that have a high protein content can also help you get in much needed daily amounts.
Increase your workout regimen. Lifting weights is a sure fire to help with your dilemma. Lifting weights will help increase your body mass very quickly while providing healthy support to the rest of your body. Lifting 3-4 times per week is ideal. It is very important to get a trainer to help you know how much you should be lifting and how often you should lift them.